I'm spending the next hour listening to Pandora play me songs by Jack Johnson and Sarah Harmer and other similarly mellow folky chillaxin' music, and peeling my pumello. For those of you who haven't experienced the mad delicousness that is pumello, it's a giant grapefruity thing that smells kinda like farts when you peel it (so says Ryan, which is why I'm peeling it at school instead of at home) and tastes like sweet lime. Take a look... doesn't it make your mouth water?
I'd rather spend an hour peeling this delicious fruit than one more minute worrying about my thesis. I logged a solid week worrying about my old advisor and her feelings about my ethics application, and seriously, I'm exhausted. Stupid, stupid, stupid... yet again I learn the lesson that energy spent worrying is energy wasted (although I think I was rightfully worried, it was still an utter waste of my energy).
It's all worked out, and I'm getting the much-fretted-over signature at 2:00pm, so between now and then I'm going to do nothing but eat citrus. And breath a sigh of relief.
Jan 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Suddenly this whole blog smells of fart-fruit.
Hey, it's the weekend! Woo!
Yay! I'm glad it's all over! Let's hope it's all smooth sailing from here!
Duder, that fart fruit looks good.
Also, congrats on bringing an end to the worrying. It will be a struggle for both of us, but I think we can manage to destress our lives... once the grad degrees are done. Or once the PhDs are through? Or when our houses have been paid off? Or when our kids finish their grad degrees? Or maybe, finally, after we embrace the sweet release of death??
I think I might need some fart fruit. ASAP.
Post a Comment