I'm going to get straight to the point, because it's reading week, and I actually have a shitload of reading to do (how ironic, eh? somehow this has never happened before, and I am supremely angry at how it's happening now). Anyways, I just thought I should update you all on how my life would be so much less violent without animals. That's right. My pets are abusing me.
The damage:

I've never had a black eye before... but on Friday afternoon, Bru and I went out to get the empty garbage can from the curb, and as I bent down to pick up the lid (after the damn garbage guys left it rolling down the sidewalk for yet another time), Bru whacked me in the eyebrow with his rock hard noggin. If you've never touched Bru's head, you might not realize that he's got a substantial bump (Ryan calls it his horn) directly in the middle, perfect for knocking me out with. It hurt so much I cried... yes, mock if you will, but I have a BLACK EYE!!! Anyways. The culprit:

And for my second accusation against my fuzzy little dependents, I bring forth a revelation. Here's a true test of whether C.A. and Mac check up on Shauna's blog... What kind of creature does this to a person?

Okay. Trick question. My answer to that question would be, "why, a CAT! Shauna, did you get a cat?" and the answer is, no. An unlikely creature inflicted those scratches on my knuckles (this was two days later... in case you were going to say, "what a wuss" - they hurt at the time, I swear blood was spilled!). Okay. Allow me to introduce the cutest creature that has ever lived:

That's right. She's two months old, weighs about 3/4 of a pound... it's freakish how cute this thing is. And so Ryan caved, and breached his own "no more pets" policy, allowing us to take this darling bunn home on Saturday. We're calling her Soot. She rocks (except she's not litter trained yet, and scares the beejesus out of Bru). We LOOOOOOVE her. How could you not?
The damage:

I've never had a black eye before... but on Friday afternoon, Bru and I went out to get the empty garbage can from the curb, and as I bent down to pick up the lid (after the damn garbage guys left it rolling down the sidewalk for yet another time), Bru whacked me in the eyebrow with his rock hard noggin. If you've never touched Bru's head, you might not realize that he's got a substantial bump (Ryan calls it his horn) directly in the middle, perfect for knocking me out with. It hurt so much I cried... yes, mock if you will, but I have a BLACK EYE!!! Anyways. The culprit:

And for my second accusation against my fuzzy little dependents, I bring forth a revelation. Here's a true test of whether C.A. and Mac check up on Shauna's blog... What kind of creature does this to a person?

Okay. Trick question. My answer to that question would be, "why, a CAT! Shauna, did you get a cat?" and the answer is, no. An unlikely creature inflicted those scratches on my knuckles (this was two days later... in case you were going to say, "what a wuss" - they hurt at the time, I swear blood was spilled!). Okay. Allow me to introduce the cutest creature that has ever lived:

That's right. She's two months old, weighs about 3/4 of a pound... it's freakish how cute this thing is. And so Ryan caved, and breached his own "no more pets" policy, allowing us to take this darling bunn home on Saturday. We're calling her Soot. She rocks (except she's not litter trained yet, and scares the beejesus out of Bru). We LOOOOOOVE her. How could you not?
5 comments:
ANOTHER PET?!?!
*dies of surprise*
*or overuse of sarcasm*
Hi Shauna... ANOTHER WABBIT! I think your blog should be re-titled: Shaunamenagerie.
I'm just sitting here smiling, shaking my head and enjoying the occasional chuckle - all signs of approval, I guess.
Shauna, you have to start closing your eyes when you drive by the pet store. You may not think this works, but remember when you were little, you and Jan used to lift your feet off the floor, or hold your breath, or both, every time we would drive past a cemetery. This was supposed to prevent you from becoming a zombie or something. Far as I know it seems to have worked.
Of course, my basic underlying assumption that you would actually like to stop acquiring more animals could be totally wrong, in which case don't bother.
Soot is very cute Shauna.
On the topic of Soot I could write a whole paragraph of babytalk. A treatise, even. I'll spare you and just say that I'm smitten. It's been an act of willpower to enforce the "no more pets" rule, but when I saw Soot I knew resistance was futile. Thing is, I nearly brought home the three dwarf bunny babies that were living with her, too...
Shauna, you have to see this clip.
http://www.wimp.com/hamsterwheel/
That actually made me yell "HA!" out loud. Well done indeed.
Post a Comment