
School has reached a critical mass - any more pressure and I think I might blow a fuse. So in an attempt to lower the blood-pressure and find some joy in the little things (and by little, I mean fuzzy, cute and little), Ryan and I are going through the adoption process for Rabbit Rescue. RR is an agency devoted to finding homes for impulse-buy bunnies and easter presents who grew up and weren't wanted anymore. We've got our approval (not an easy thing to get, because you need to prove you're a decent pet-owner, and knowledgable about rabbit things). We also had our little guy snipped. Can't you tell he's not impressed? But I think he'll be happier when he has a pretty girl by his side. We're deciding between two (maybe three) little girls - all three pounds or less. So cast your votes: Nala the Explorer, CJ, or Lovebunn. You can find their profiles, and much more, at the Rabbit Rescue page. Look under Animals Available to Adopt, female rabbits. I've got my fingers crossed for Nala. But Ryan likes CJ. Who knows, maybe Lovebunn will be the fair compromise. I'll keep you posted.
7 comments:
Blast! The link didn't work. And I was promised photos of cute bunny explorers! As you might be able to deduce from this statement, my vote is totally for Nala the Explorer. Think about it: Zoobie and Nala. How perfect! And I've never been a big fan of names that are simple initials like "C.J." That is of course unless the C and J stand for "Courage Journal" in which case I'm all for it. But something like "criminal justice" or "cranapple jelly" just doesn't have the same appeal, if you know what I mean.
I think you should name it Unicron.
Janny - I fixed the link. Now you can go see the bunnies in question. Ryan and I have actually requested audiences with CJ and Nala (ryan wants cj, i want nala).
Julia - yes, Ellie would be a lovely name for a rabbit... tee hee.
Quammy - will you ever give up on the dream of naming my rodents Unicron?
Mom - proof that you don't read my blog... you definately would have tried to object. Serves you right!
NEVER!
Hehe. Looks like you'll have to tell "Ryan" that he's outnumbered. Sorry dude. Two sisters of the family voting for Nala, plus one dissenting Unicron vote, doesn't leave C.J. in very high standing.
I must ask, has anyone considered Shamhat? The blessed prostitute that brings Enkidu over to the world of men, in the Epic of Gilgamesh? I guess that would only make sense if your other bunnie was named Enkidu...
...I think you know what to do.
Okay. After looking at the photos, what I want to know is why haven't you guys considered CREAM PUFF the sweetest little bunnie in ze worl?? Krista and I both think she is adorable. But I guess you could learn to love a bunnie that looks like a shaved rat (i.e. Nala). In fact, I'm sure those are the ones that need the most love.
You sure love the underdog, Shauna! And good on ya for doing so. But my new suggestion? Adopt Cream Puff and rename her Shamhat. I think that will make all parties involved satisfied. Well... mostly just me.
Ok - tell us all what happened in the end so I can get some sleep!!!
And I do read your blogs girls, but don't respond too many times. I prefer e-mail for some reason - gues I need my own blog. I don't trust the blog world as yet...maybe never.
Purring Snickers on my lap says hello! And Nibs, who has survived a week with big whit kitty says
me-ach (CB kitty slang for meow!)
Cheers all,
Canarama!!
Post a Comment